Jen Lampton is one of the Co-Founders of Backdrop CMS, and has been a Drupal developer for nearly 15 years. She's passionate about sharing what she loves with other people, and has extensive experience leading training workshops, and designing training materials.
Backdrop CMS is Drupal 7, but it includes many of the features you'll find in Drupal 8. It's been optimized for performance and improved for usability. Backdrop is targeted towards companies and organizations that are delivering comprehensive websites on a budget.
This introductory training will cover the basics of creating a website with Backdrop CMS. We will take a tour through the administrative interface, and marvel at all the improvements that have been made over the past 8 years.
Training Itinerary: http://bit.ly/backdrop-half-day-training
In this half-day workshop, all students will build their own portfolio website on Backdrop CMS. We'll walk through each of the steps required to build this website using Backdrop core alone. Students will be asked to follow along.
- Logging in - the new dashboard
- Creating content - differences between a Page and a Post
- Creating content types - adjusting settings, and adding fields
- Content display - customizing how field data will be rendered
- Modules - how to install without leaving your site
- Views - a very basic high-level overview
- Layouts - creating new layouts & modifying existing ones
- Configuration management - exporting from one site & importing into another.
There will be plenty of time throughout the workshop for questions.