Speak at DrupalCampNYC
DrupalCampNYC is back and we want you to speak, whatever the topic and wherever you are! All sessions will be delivered on Friday, October 29 via Zoom due to Delta variant and venue considerations, which is your excuse to get involved from afar.
Submit your session from September 1 through September 24. New speakers welcome!
By submitting a session proposal for DrupalCampNYC 2021 you are confirming your understanding and acceptance of the rules and expectations outlined below.
As a speaker you are directly responsible for your session, its content, quality, and all deliverables and you agree to read and abide by the DrupalCampNYC 2021 Code of Conduct.
DrupalCampNYC 2021 is seeking a broad range of sessions from speakers in NYC and around the world. This year we have no theme; we're looking to offer attendees a little bit of everything.
- Lightning talks can be 5 or 10 minutes
- BoF (Birds of a Feather) sessions are open discussions facilitated by the individual submitting the session -- that person is expected to restrict their speaking time in favor of other participants
- Other sessions can be 25 minutes or 55 minutes, including time for Q&A
- We're especially interested in creative interactive sessions (surprise us!)
- You are welcome to submit up to three sessions, but speakers will usually have at most one session selected (some might also appear on a panel)
- You may promote a project or organization you are working on if it is relevant, but please no sales pitches
- We prefer speakers to speak on issues affecting groups they belong to, instead of speaking to issues on another group's behalf (e.g. a panel about "Women in Drupal" should be composed of women)
- While we will accept sessions that have been given at other Drupal events, we are seeking to offer as many new talks as possible, so get creative!
Session Proposal Submission & Promo Video
In general, any session proposal must be submitted at DrupalCampNYC 2021 Call for Speakers.
To help the organizing team evaluate sessions, we ask that you submit a short promotional video (about 60 seconds) of you casually explaining the content of your session to prospective attendees. You agree that if we accept your session proposal, we may post its promotional video on our website or in other channels to help attendees decide which talks they will attend. We require this promotional video be submitted as a link to a public or unlisted YouTube Video. You may either upload the video to YouTube yourself, or use YouTube Live to create the video from a browser on your computer or from a mobile device.
Please reach out via firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any reasonable accommodations to facilitate submitting a session proposal.
Diversity of Speakers
We are dedicating at least one-third of accepted sessions to speakers of underrepresented groups or first-time speakers.
We are not yet able to pay speakers for their time.
After sessions are selected, speakers are encouraged to promote their sessions through personal invitations and social media outlets like Twitter, personal blogs, and digital newsletters. Be sure to include @DrupalCampNYC and #DrupalCampNYC in your tweets about the conference!
By delivering a session at DrupalCampNYC, you warrant that you have explicit permission from your client, company, or any other relevant party to present the material in your session.
DrupalCampNYC reserves the right to revise or cancel any events on the schedule should registration, venue, equipment, or other conditions dictate. We will notify all involved speakers of any schedule modifications or cancellations as soon as possible. If for any reason a speaker must cancel a session, that speaker must contact DrupalCampNYC organizers at email@example.com so a substitute can be arranged.
When you agree to speak at DrupalCampNYC, you consent for your talk and any related promotional videos to be recorded in audio and video format with or without live auto captioning. We anticipate sessions being delivered and recorded using Zoom.
Your session material, including content and recordings, may be used in promotions or for other related endeavors. This material may also appear on the DrupalCampNYC website, social media channels, or other digital mediums controlled or not controlled by DrupalNYC Incorporated.
We reserve the right to publicly distribute and publish these recordings and transcripts under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Using This Agreement
This speaker agreement is based on the MidCamp Speaker Terms and Conditions, as adapted for DrupalCampNYC, and is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License